Cavity pain is that familiar feeling which everyone dreads. What’s more, it can start at the most unusual time. It can start when you are at work or in the middle of the night. Since you won’t find the dentist at the emergency room the hospital, you may need to manage the pain at home until you get an appointment. Sometimes you do get to see the dentist but might not be able to go in for treatment right away.
The following are some ways which can help you manage the pain until you find getting the required treatment:
- Cavity pain can get aggravated when you snack on sweet things. It can cause the bacteria to multiply which can cause the pain to deepen. Also avoid eating foods which are too hot or cold. These can actually aggravate the pain. Instead eat food which is soft and easy on your teeth. This would mean switching your diet to soft boiled foods or cold soups. Mashed foods work just as well. A bland diet can help keep it easy for your teeth.
- It’s necessary that you brush our teeth after every meal. It’s important to have those particles of food cleaned up. Use a tooth brush with soft bristles. While it is painful, brushing your teeth regularly can help make the pain more manageable.
- Another remedy for preventing the tooth ache is the use of mouth wash. It contains active ingredients which can help mask the pain by numbing the teeth and the surrounding areas. It not only help freshen up the breath but also strengthen the enamel thus preventing further cavities from forming.
- Take over the counter medications. These may be able to help lessen the pain. However no same medicine works for everyone. It all depends upon the level of pain that one is experiencing. Medications like Tylenol can work well. Make sure to get a prescription from your doctor.
- Clove oil is a natural remedy for tooth pain. You can use a cotton swab and dip it in diluted clove oil and rub it around the area experiencing the pain.
Once you visit a Maroubra dentist they would try to help the tooth pain by doing a filling. However if the cavity is too deep inside, you might need a root canal. It’s a detailed procedure which helps get rid of the damaged bits of the teeth and then the area is cleaned and filled.
While a dental procedure can help manage the cavities, there are some things which you can do to prevent the cavities from forming altogether. It would include eating healthy food and staying away from foods which are high in sugar. Brushing teeth regularly is an important part of maintaining oral hygiene. Also keep in mind to purchase a tooth paste which can protect the enamel.
For people who are susceptible to too many cavities, the dentist might apply a sealant. It is a plastic like covering which makes the tooth enamel and can last for around ten years or so.
Consult Maroubra Dental Surgery for more information on how to deal with your cavity pain.